Adventure Camp Director - Seasonal - Summer 2013
Part Time Seasonal
Town Hall, 2121 Cross Timbers Rd, Flower Mound TX 75028, Texas
Print Job Information |
Supervises two or more day camp adult and volunteer workers in various activities for youth. Also coordinates camp activities, schedules, supplies, and transportation.
Examples of Duties:
1. Responsible for ordering arts & crafts and various, sports supplies.
2. Coordinates all expenditures, budget framework, and proposed budget allotment through Program Coordinator (not directly responsible for budget).
3. Plans, organizes, coordinates, and supervises the Adventure Camp program.
4. Responsible for collecting adventure camp fees.
5. Coordinates all transportation for field trips and special events.
6. Plans pre-camp workshop with all staff.
7. Coordinates safety and first aid with all employees and volunteers.
8. Responsible for safety and well being of all children at day camp.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Must be at least 18 years of age. Experience in working with children 11-14 years, summer camp, day care, church camp, public recreation, and/or outdoor activities is required. Must have a valid Texas driver's license and driving record must be in compliance with Town policy. Must be able to drive a 15 passenger van. Associate's degree, Bachelor's degree, or equivalent majoring in Education, Physical Education, or Recreation is preferred. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification and First Aid training is preferred.
Knowledge of sports activities (softball, basketball, volleyball, soccer, tennis), arts and crafts, environmental sciences, cultural arts, etc. Skills in organizing children, supervision of 3-5 staff workers, discipline and creating a positive camp environment. Organization skills, arts and crafts techniques. Ability to work with children 11-14 years, inform parents of activities, teenage and adult volunteers, work in an outdoor setting exposed to heat, dust, wind, insects, noxious plants, and snakes. Ability to participate in sports activities. Ability to lift loaded ice chests and items of 50 lbs., stoop, walk, bend, run, throw, climb, and swim. Ability to read, speak, hear, and deal with the public. Must have mathematical and decision making abilities.