The LifePointe Physician Assistant - Dermatology provides cosmetic dermatology, medical and laser medical services to patients under the direction of the physician. Performs high quality clinical practices and effective patient management under physician supervision and in accordance with state and federal regulations. Prescribes medications in accordance with state, federal and licensure guidelines. Works with a team of aestheticians, massage therapists and office support personnel under the leadership of the primary physician.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Performs and documents medical history and physical examinations on patients; establishes presumptive diagnosis which are to be countersigned by the responsible physician; reviews patient records.
2. completes tertiary assessment on all newly diagnosed dermatology patients; alerts physicians to any changes in findings.
3. Makes complete chart entries on patient transaction, writes orders and records progress notes which will be reviewed and countersigned by the responsible physician within 24 hours.
4. Serves as a resource person to staff; recommends changes in plan of care to facilitate optimum patient outcome.
5. Interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as needed; alerts physician to test results requiring attention.
6. Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures; keeps physician informed of changes requiring intervention.
7. Administers injections and oral medications, sutures wounds.
Qualifications: Graduate degree from an accredited Physician's Assistant program required. Current licensure as a Physician Assistant required. Minimum of two (2) years clinical experience in dermatology office required. Basic Life Support (CPR) certification required.
BryanLGH Medical Center - 8 months ago