Cisco seeks a Email Encryption Security Customer Support Engineer (CSE) to join some of the industry’s brightest minds in developing and deploying today's most advanced Internet technologies.
The Email Encryption Security Customer Support Engineer (CSE) provides highly technical support to our customers resolving customer issues and closing customer trouble tickets. The CSE's charter is a satisfied customer.
The CSE will support both small and large (Fortune 500) Cisco customers during both pre-and post-sales periods. The CSE will be responsible for ensuring that the customer relationship is managed through proactive customer communications, providing rapid response and guaranteeing estimated response times are communicated up front.
The Customer Engineer will routinely handle Tier 1-2 customer issues that arise. These issues often include product bugs, DNS issues, network misconfigurations and assistance with complex product configurations, performance tuning and optimization, troubleshooting delivery issues and training the customer on unfamiliar features. Unusual failures, new product defects and custom function requests are escalated to the appropriate resources for technical resolution, with the Customer Support Engineer maintaining control of the account and communicating with the customer throughout the process.
The Customer Support Engineer will help cover Cisco IronPort Customer Supports 8am - 5pm EST coverage times. The CSE will also provide off-hours coverage for critical customer issues during nights and weekends via Blackberry, pager and cell phone.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Absolute passion for customer satisfaction
- 2+ years in a role with customer support responsibilities
- Extensive troubleshooting skills in network and application operations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong networking knowledge. Candidate should have strong TCP/IP networking backgrounds with a strong, functional knowledge of switches, routers, firewalls and subnetting. Knowledge of protocols: SMTP, DNS, FTP, SSH, TCP/IP. Candidate should be comfortable explaining and using all of these protocols.
- Strong UNIX system administrator skills
- Working knowledge with one or more database applications (Oracle, MS SQLServer, Postgres, etc)
- Experience with shell scripting in PERL and other languages ( such as Java) and/or experience with FreeBSD is a plus.
- Focused attention to detail and follow-up
- Technical proficiency with email and the email infrastructure
- Experience deploying physical product or appliance a plus
- Experience deploying and maintaining Windows Active Directory (2000/2003/2008)
- Experience deploying and maintaining Microsoft Exchange (2000/2003/2007)
- Experience with other flavors of LDAP servers
- MySQL (or SQL) knowledge (Windows and Linux)
- Experience in working with Beta products
- Experience with web servers, such as Tomcat and Apache, is a plus
- Experience with application servers: JBOSS, Websphere is a plus
- Bachelor's degree and/or 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience is required
This position must reside in RTP, NC.
- Passion to proactively seek ways to make our customers happy.
- Entrepreneurship, sense of urgency: The successful candidate will possess a high energy level which allows them to react to situations quickly and decisively, possessing self confidence to be assertive when taking a position.
- Indomitable work ethic: The successful candidate will reject setbacks and will enthusiastically persist until ambitious goals are achieved. He or she will be resourceful and innovative at tackling complex challenges in a timely matter.
- Accountability: He or she should be a results oriented team player who leads by example, holds himself accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of customer support.
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...