Please note this position is located in Staten Island
As a Planning Analyst you will perform data management and analysis in support of planning and program development activities.
- Performs data analyses concerning hospital and multi-care services, utilization and population demographics.
- Provides internal and external strategic planning and market research databases to perform analysis.
- Assists in the developing computerized databases to meet department needs.
- Evaluates strategic business unit market performance through the use of benchmark data.
- Supports certificate of need and grant writing functions through analysis of System and Health care market data.
- Provides continued technical support in development and analysis of planning-related data.
- Collaborates with staff and Administration regarding planning and program development information.
- Provides information to management, Strategic Planning and staff on formal presentations.
- Assists in the preparation of strategic plans, business plans and preparing supporting materials; including tables, charts, graphs, maps, etc.
- Provides technical assistance to staff on use of computer software and databases, as required.
- Assists in management of Health System internal and public Certificate of Need (CON) process.
- Participates in development of CON applications.
- Assists in preparing information for presentation to internal constituencies and local, state agencies.
- Assists in ensuring that all CON applications conform with NYS Hospital Code and other regulations.
- Develops and maintains internal CON tracking system and develops reports, as appropriate.
- Liaises with a variety of government and regulatory agencies such as NYSDOH, NYSOMH, NYSOASAS regarding planning and CON processes.
- Participates in completing hospital and Health System surveys and collaborate with hospitals in retrieving information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Administration, Urban Planning, Public Health or Business Administration, required.
- Minimum of one (1) year health care planning or related experience, required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical applications of planning.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.
North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System - 18 months ago
The New York Public Library
The New York Public Library
- 30+ days ago
This hospital system has a scope that stretches long beyond Long Island. North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System (NS-LIJ) operates 16...