Aids the operation of the Service Department by safely repairing equipment returned from customers.
1. Provides service to customers by performing mechanical and electronic troubleshooting and repair of instruments returned to the factory.
2. Records repair costs by documenting all parts used and labor expended to perform repairs.
3. Assures all repairs are completed by verifying equipment operation and maintaining required quality levels.
4. Expedites repair of instruments by preparing diagnostic quotation or estimates.
5. Comply with Engineering Change Requests by installing modifications on instruments returned for repair.
6. Assists in achieving the goals of Isco by performing other duties as assigned.
Associates Degree in electronics or equivalent education and/or experience.
Requires frequent fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motions. Requires occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling and lifting.
Requires good oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with associates on a professional level, exercising tact and discretion.
Work is heavy - lifting of instruments that weigh up to 70 pounds.
Worker is subject to inside environmental conditions and exposed to some hazards such as high voltage, ultraviolet light and corrosive chemicals.
Work requires constant visual ability.
Requires the mental ability to synthesize coordinate and compile the measurements and observations made while logically troubleshooting digital and analog electronic circuitry.
Associates Degree in Electronics or equivalent education and/or experience.
Teledyne Technologies Incorporated - 13 months ago