Support systems including Telephone Initial Claims, Telephone Continued Claims, Remote Tax Filing, and Job Connector use Oracle production databases that run on UNIX Solaris Servers.
The selected contractor will collaborate with ESC’s UNIX Systems Administration Team and Database Management Team and will be working with and advising senior technical and management.
Critical system hosts that will be supported include:
Significant responsibilities include:
- Oracle 10g and 11g databases on Solaris version 10,
- Integrating Solaris and SuSE Linux servers with an EMC VNX SAN using MPXIO multi-pathing,
- Special purpose applications (e.g., On Point Technology Aware, O*Net AutoCoder) on Solaris and SuSE Linux,
- Network management applications including Cisco NetRegistrar, CWSI LAN Management Solution, and DNS.
- Implementation of LTO3 tape backups using Symantec Net Back Up
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Troubleshooting and problem definition in response to monitoring alerts and service interruptions
- Minimum of five (5) years experience supporting critical business applications on the Solaris operating system
- Minimum of two (2) years experience supporting Oracle’s database management system (v. 10g) with ASM
- Minimum of three (3) years experience performing UNIX systems and database backup administration
- Demonstrate familiarity with EMC SAN including fibre channel device configuration and multi-pathing
- Proficient consulting skills
- Proficient communication skills, (both written and oral)
- Minimum of two (2) years experience with SuSE Linux Enterprise Server v. 10.
- Knowledge and experience with Symantec Net Backup