Under the leadership of Superintendent John Huppenthal, the Arizona Department of Education is committed to our mission of ensuring academic excellence for all students. We are always seeking highly qualified professionals who share our passion for enriching students' lives! For more information about ADE, please visit http://www.ade.az.gov/.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes: health, dental, vision, supplemental and dependent life insurance ($15,000 life insurance provided free), and short-term disability (all after a 90 day waiting period as a state of Arizona employee). Also provided are a deferred compensation plan, sick leave, vacation leave, and 10 paid holidays per year. It is mandatory to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System plan (ASRS), which includes long-term disability (after a 27 week waiting period as a state of Arizona employee).
All newly-hired employees are subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
The Arizona Department of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer. During all phases of the selection process, people with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting the ADE Human Resources office at (602) 542-3186 or via e-mail at HumanResourcesGroup@azed.gov.
The Arizona Department of Education Information Technology Section is seeking a Storage Administrator (Information Technology Specialist IV).
- Design, implement, and maintain online, nearline, and offline storage
- Responsible for documentation of current configurations, technology roadmaps, and projects pertaining to storage systems
- Responsible for the physical and logical installation tasks
- Backups and restore policy and tasks are required
- Categorizes, isolates, and resolves network problems
- Processes, documents, and coordinates resolution of trouble calls with help desk
- Ensures compliance with standards for systems software and documentation
- Monitors system reliability and availability
- Identifies opportunities for use of solutions to improve efficiency and reduce waste
- Works within guidelines of established methods; obtains, clarifies and provides information within established parameters
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; sets goals and objectives; uses time efficiently; communicates activities and results as appropriate
- Preference will be given those with enterprise data center experience and/or experience in high availability environments managing fiber channel storage arrays and fiber channel switches, and/or Bachelor's degree plus experience in systems administration (or equivalent experience)
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs up to a height of 3 feet
- Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver's license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver's license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.)
- Travel may be required for this position
- Employment is contingent upon completion of a post-offer medical/physical examination and the agency's ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions
- Fiber channel SAN switching and routing
- Fiber channel online storage devices
- Multi-Path IO configuration
- ISCSI online storage devices
- Virtual tape and physical tape libraries
- Enterprise backup solutions
- Hypervisor integration with online storage
- Enterprise disaster recovery
- Microsoft and Linux server OS
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication
AGENCY JOB BOARD ID: EDU
- Balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks
- Work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
- Synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly
- Build strong relationships inside and outside the organization
State of Arizona - 18 months ago
The US Department of Education's (or ED) mission is to promote student achievement and preparation for global competitiveness by fostering...