Sonic Core Values:
At Sonic, we value:
- Respect for everyone touched by the Sonic brand.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the power of the individual.
- Importance of relationships as a way of life.
- Doing different, special and better things to surprise and delight everyone touched by the Sonic brand.
Sonic Mission Statement:
- To become America’s most-loved restaurant brand.
Crew Member Summary:
Prepares quality food in a clean, safe, and efficient manner so that guests will have an enjoyable experience at the Sonic Drive-In.
Immediate Supervisor: Manager On Duty
Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Responsibilities of Crew Member Includes:
Essential job duties:
- Performs all duties in the Basic Stations (Fountain & Frozen, Dresser, Front Swamp, Back Swamp, Grill, Switchboard, Expeditor, Food Prep, and if applicable, Drive-Thru) as needed and depending on store volume, during a shift to ensure that preparation (portion control), temperature, packaging, appearance, presentation, taste and service of all menu items meet operational standards.
- Operates switchboard and records customer order, repeats order in a clear and understandable manner.
- Operates Drive-Thru window and sales register and makes accurate change quickly and efficiently.
- Prepares fountain drinks and ice cream items.
- Prepares food by cutting and chopping food items and cooking on grill or in fryers.
- Prepares food orders efficiently within 2-3 minute time frame.
- Packages all menu items into bags or trays and places drink orders into drink carriers.
- Serves food to customers in an efficient manner in the Drive-Thru and as necessary when working in other Basic Stations.
- Moves food product weighing up to 50 lbs into freezer and shelves stacked from floor to ceiling.
- Routinely disposes of trash by transporting bags outside and into dumpsters.
- Cleans all areas of drive-in, including mopping, sweeping, washing dishes, wiping counter-tops and emptying used grease.
- Performs frequent washing and sanitizing of: food areas, food preparation tools, and hands.
- Displays the importance of placing guests’ needs first on a consistent basis.
- Responds to guests requests in a respectful manner. Promptly reports complaints to a member of the drive-in management team.
- Wears required uniform and appropriate personal protective equipment as outlined in the Sonic Drive-In operations manual.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned or required.
Requirements for Crew Member:
Qualifications and job requirements:
- Effective communication skills
- Basic math and basic reading skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- Complies with all Sonic Drive-In Policies and Procedures, and all health and sanitation laws and regulations.
- Successfully completes and follows requirements of all STAR certification and other Sonic Drive-In training programs.
- Continuous standing, bending, stooping, lifting, stretching and frequent over-head lifting will be required when staging, preparing or packaging menu items and/or cleaning.
- General knowledge and understanding of the restaurant industry or retail operations preferred, but not required.
- Frequent exposure to heat and hot liquid shortening while cooking.
- Frequent exposure to freezer when stocking food items.
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures based on variable weather conditions.
SONIC - 5 months ago
Sonic Corp. (Sonic) operates and franchises a chain of drive-in restaurants (Sonic Drive-Ins) in the United States. As of August 31, 2008, t...