Parallon Business Performance Group seeks a
Claims Status Lead - WAVO Team
for the Brentwood, TN Physician Service Center. This role assists the AR Manager in coordinating claim status efforts for the Specialists, assist in identifying claim status trends, payer payment timelines, and escalates to the appropriate departments.
SUPERVISOR: Claims Status Manager
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Responsibilities also include:
· Generates and monitors outstanding claim status reports; and escalates issues to the appropriate departments.
· Monitors Claim Status Specialist productivity to ensure claims are statused in a timely manner.
· Assist Claim Status Manager as needed on special projects, attending meetings in the manager's absence and act as a back up for the Manager while they are out of the office.
· Perform quality audits of claim statuses to ensure they are being handled appropriately.
· Creates a positive patient experience through listening, understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating in a friendly manner, and handling patients with a consummately professional attitude.
· Owning the customer experience and resolving escalated patient issues and complaints timely and in accordance with Shared Services for Physicians policies and procedures. Meet with Support Services Manager on regular basis to review and discuss actions required.
· Coaching Claim Status Specialists on Shared Services for Physicians policies and procedures, and quality assurance measures,
· Training and re-training the Claim Status Specialists as necessary.
· Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of patient care and employee information.
· Understand and adhere to the Shared Services for Physicians philosophies.
· Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement".
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Education:
High school diploma or equivalent;
three years of medical billing experience and a comprehensive knowledge of insurance desired
Strong experience working in Word / Excel
Parallon Business Performance Group - Physician Service Center
Patient care and business performance are the defining competencies for a provider. The same is true at Parallon Business Solutions-a business born from innovation and centered on people, process and technology to transform healthcare. Our legacy began with a commitment to provide shared services for leading healthcare provider, HCA. Now we're excited to share that scale and success with you. Parallon's full portfolio of unique business solutions includes group purchasing, staffing management, supply chain, project management, revenue cycle and other business processes. Parallon Business Solutions offers a comprehensive solution that no other company can claim. As partners, we work in parallel to deliver customized solutions that ensure your success. As fellow operators, we understand your challenges and continually innovate to respond to the needs of a dynamic marketplace.
Our strength is our people who are experienced in executing and managing complex processes with the support of enabling technology. We are dedicated to continuous process improvement through our pragmatic, impact-oriented solutions.
As a Parallon employee you are eligible to receive an array of benefits and rewards, including a variety of medical plans, healthcare and daycare flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan with 100% match, flexible work schedule and personal health assessments and wellness programs
Visit us online at
HCA Inc - 20 months ago