Planned Parenthood of Montana
Physician Assistant - Missoula, MT
Under the medical supervision of the Medical Director and day to day supervision by the Health Center Manager, the Physician Assistant will function as the primary provider of medical services for male and female patients. The Physician Assistant will carry full responsibility for the initiation and maintenance of patients receiving family planning services and medication abortions. Each Provider functions within the approved guidelines established by the Medical Director and outlined in Affiliate Medical Manual of Standards and Guidelines. Performs other related duties as needed to support clinical services.
Physician Assistants are advocates in implementing our mission to “empower all people to make private reproductive health care decisions by providing quality health care, medically accurate education and advocacy for individual rights.”
Hours: 12 hours/week, flexible schedule
Job duties include :
Clients shall not be subject to coercion in use of any particular method of Family Planning (Title X requirement).
- Take record or review and interpret the medical and social history of patients.
- Performs appropriate medical screening procedures for male and female patient examinations. This includes speculum examination, bimanual examination obtaining of materials for STD investigation, cytological smears (and other specimens as indicated) and other types of more specialized screening procedures as may be indicated by clinical medical policy.
- Interpret laboratory data and order appropriate additional laboratory investigations when indicated.
- Evaluate patients, suggest and implement treatment regiments (including contraceptive choice) for patients so evaluated. The implementation duty includes, but is not limited to: diaphragm and cervical cap fitting, IUS insertions and removals, Implanon insertions and removals, and dispensing contraceptive supplies and medications.
- Refer patients with abnormal conditions or other medical problems found on the examination to the supervising physician, when not covered by standing orders.
- Interpret prepared instructions to patients and provide clarification and reinforcement of physician instructions for patients. Carry out group and individual teaching demonstrations as needed.
- Provide counsel and advice on family planning methods to patients and receive and handle patient questions and problems relating to these methods.
- Assist with training of staff in health center operations, environmental maintenance and health education.
- Maintain and monitor quality of patient records and ensure inclusion of all appropriate findings and recommendations, including On Call coverage.
- Recognize ongoing responsibility to work for the continuing improvement in the overall functioning of the health center and make appropriate suggestions in this regard to the Health Center Manager, Medical Directors, and other appropriate authorities within the agency.
- Ensure compliance with all PPFA National Abortion Federation and PPMT OPSS policies and standard operating procedures.
Staff may be subject to prosecution if they coerce or they try to coerce any person to undergo abortion or sterilization procedures (Title X requirement).
Ensure all Title X, PPFA and PPMT guidelines and protocols are followed regarding all services. (Including but not limited to medical standards and guidelines, customer service, personnel, fiscal, risk management, safety/security, pharmacy and quality assurance).
- Montana license or certification for physician assistant within the state.
- PA training and subsequent experience in reproductive health care
- Current DEA licensure
- Current CPR licensure
Planned Parenthood - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Planned Parenthood is the leading reproductive health care provider, educator and advocate in the United States. For more than 90 years, the...