Accounting Associate: Summer 2013
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities.
Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values.
Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and
people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
ACCOUNTING ASSOCIATE: SUMMER 2013
Think about a career where you get to be a key player in safeguarding Cargill's assets and contributing to the company's profitability. Your career path could take you to a special project on the implementation of a new technology or working on cross-functional international teams. A career in accounting at Cargill means you get to be a business partner to help Cargill reach its strategic initiatives
Choosing a career at Cargill means you are on the fast-track to success!
- Apply accounting skills by participating in cross-functional teams within your department.
- Provide analysis of various business activities (i.e, expenses, supply chain, etc…).
- Ensure the security of financial and fixed assets.
- Responsibility for proper valuation of assets and liabilities.
- Compile operating results to measure productivity, control losses, etc.
- Potential to manage staff within one to two years of starting.
- Prepare/monitor monthly budgets and communicate key information to team.
- Justify and account for capital expenditures.
- Potential for frequent interaction with information technology, operations, financial reporting, merchandising, production and sales personnel.
- Participate in automation projects or maintain and upgrade systems and processes.
- Interact with Cargill employees diverse in language ability, educational levels and experiences.
Communication Methods to Accomplish Key Areas:
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills.
- Sound judgment and decision making skills, even when outcome is uncertain.
- Comfortable taking and managing risks and challenging the status quo.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; strong persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills; working in a team environment; coaching and developing others.
- Display the essential leadership qualities of integrity, conviction and courage.
- Motivated and driven to succeed.
- Adaptable, flexible and able to work in a fast paced, price-volatile, changing environment.
- Quick integration into the business through clear work expectations and responsibilities.
- Team oriented, fast-paced and hands-on.
- Plant or office setting.
- Various U.S. locations. This position may require relocation.
- Travel, approximately 10% or less.
- The majority of recruiting and interviewing will be done during fall 2012.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Must be graduating between December 2012 and August 2013 to be eligible for a Full Time position.
- Successful completion of Intermediate Accounting I and II.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Overall 3.0 or higher GPA preferred.
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
Cargill - 12 months ago
Cargill is a unique place you can grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading...