Apply your GIS knowledge, communication skills, and domain expertise in a new way as a member of our Solution Engineering team. An energetic, driven professional is needed to think outside the box and help promote and relate Esri solutions to defense and intelligence community clients primarily focused in the Washington, D.C. area.
- Work closely with account managers and software developers to understand U.S. DoD and intelligence community client requirements and help formulate appropriate GIS solutions
- Support Esri customers with product expertise and best practice assistance
- Develop technical demos and proofs of concepts for clients and industry trade shows
- Present complex GIS technical demonstrations to various levels of staff in a diverse range of customer organizations
- Proactively craft and propose solutions that clarify how GIS brings business value to address mission critical challenges faced by customers
- Participate in trade shows, user groups, product demonstrations, and major release software rollouts throughout the region
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, computer science, engineering, or related field
- Experience working with GIS systems, especially ArcGIS to include Desktop, Server, and Mobile technology.
- Experience in technical consulting and conceptual design
- Five to seven years of related technology experience
- Experience integrating software solutions with other business systems including data warehousing and business intelligence platforms
- Experience working with GIS web applications
- Ability to work independently where rapid prototyping and quick turnaround are required or as part of a small, highly-skilled team
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, interpersonal, and listening skills
- General knowledge of computer hardware, software, and networking
- U.S. citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Ability to troubleshoot client issues related to Esri application deployment and system architecture
- Experience presenting GIS-based business solutions to executive audiences
- Experience promoting software products and/or applications
- Experience working in the DoD, intelligence community, or homeland security domain
- Experience using defense- and intelligence-related data and products such as those from NGA, DIA, or military services or data systems such as DTSS, ASAS, GALE, or related
- Experience using defense- and intelligence-related imagery products such as NTM, RADAR, and IFSAR or imagery related systems such as NESS, WARP, and related
- Experience with DBMS technology such as SQL Server, DB2, Oracle; experience with basic database design and associated methods and technologies
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Learn more and apply online at www.esri.com/careers . Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) supporting diversity in the workforce.
Esri - 19 months ago
Esri helps organizations map and model our world. Esri’s GIS technology enables them to effectively analyze and manage their...