Develops and administers processes and policies regarding Human Resources.
- Advises employees and managers on Human Resources policies and guidelines; provides a high level of customer service in assisting members of the College community
- Supervises and administers one or more human resources programs such as recruiting, pay administration, employee orientation, employee benefits, data entry and recordkeeping, and performance appraisal/reappointment practices
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of CUNY rules and regulations, relevant laws and guidelines, collective bargaining agreements, and College policies, and applies these to his/her areas of responsibility
- Investigates regarding sensitive employee issues or complaints
- Helps create innovative communications such as manuals, web pages, or employee meetings and provides these to the College community
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: HR Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
In support of Baruch's strategic plan, the Office of Human Resources' mission is to provide a positive Human Resources service experience for applicants, faculty, staff and retirees and collaborate with department to recruit, develop, support and retain diverse and talented employees who are the key to Baruch's reputation and success. To accomplish this mission, Human Resources develops, implements, and supports programs and processes which add value to Baruch College and faculty and staff who are committed to providing a quality education to its diverse student body. The Office of Human Resources is seeking an Employment and Recruitment Specialist to perform comprehensive human resources duties to administer expedited and streamlined HR services, with primary accountability for the college's talent acquisition management and employment activities. This includes assisting hiring managers with recruitment proposals, processing and posting all jobs in CUNYfirst Talent Acquisition Management (TAM) module, and advertising in all internal and external sources. The position will report to the Associate Director, Compensation, Recruitment and HRIS.
The duties and responsibilities of the position will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manages TAM component of CUNYfirst and daily administration; reviewing and responding to applicant's emails, resume screening, processing interview evaluations and preparing job offers.
- Administers the human resources and payroll processes, recruitment and selection activities, and contractual benefits for all titles covered under the PSC-CUNY and DC 37 contracts.
- Oversees the employment verification requests and process.
- Initiates and participates in activities related to on-boarding and terminating assigned staff and ensures the accurate and timely processing of all required information.
- Conducts exit interviews.
- Maintains College's compliance by following requirements of the Immigration Reform Control Act (IRCA).
- Organize and attend Civil Service Hiring Pools.
- Coordinates the faculty appointments from the P&B process to ensure timely and accurate hiring and payroll.
- Assist with conducting managers training for TAM module.
- Prepares recruitment, affirmative action and other related reports.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
Experience in recruitment and employment activities is preferred. Knowledge of PeopleSoft Talent Acquisition Management module is preferred. A customer focused with ability to interact and work cooperatively and collaboratively on a team to assist diverse faculty and staff. A strong work ethic and character with a high degree of personal integrity to work with the utmost discretion, ability to maintain confidentiality and safeguard employee information, and handle all documents with sensitivity is a must. Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access) is required.
$42,873 - $53,032; commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
March 11, 2013
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.
CUNY - 10 months ago