District Manager - Idaho based
District Manager’s role is to serve as a key element in all store operations, providing direction, coordination, and evaluation for our stores’ operational activities to help them succeed in driving sales and providing customer service.
The company is seeking a high-caliber candidate to direct and develop 16 store managers and their respective teams within an assigned district of Missouri and Illinois. The successful candidate will be located in, or willing to relocate to the Idaho area.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop strategic plans to continually improve sales and maximize profitability.
- Analyze and monitor the sales and expense figures for each store in the district, provide feedback and make recommendations for improvement in order to ensure that store profitability is maximized.
- Serve as a role model for exemplary customer service: coaching and leading all staff to provide an outstanding customer experience.
- Strategically assess and develop talent, including recruiting, developing and empowering employees to align with company priorities.
- Visit all district stores regularly and conduct audits to ensure that ALCO policies, procedures and merchandising programs are implemented.
- Effectively manage controllable expenses and inventory levels.
- Foster open communication with store personnel, all levels of management and the communities we serve.
- Plan and set individual, as well as store, goals and track the progress of each to ensure that objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Effectively react to merchandising, transportation and distribution center issues to support associates and customers’ needs.
- Conduct regular audits of store paperwork, track trends to ensure cash control procedures are in place and observed.
- Ensure that all stores within their district are aware of and in compliance with company directed shrink reduction initiatives.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and EQUIPMENT
- Ensures human resource functions are attained at the highest level.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, organizational, critical thinking, problem solving, customer service, public relations, and collaboration skills.
- A demonstrated ability to lead and develop staff members along with the ability to diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situations.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Has the ability to make quality decisions.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of ALCO by complying with company standards.
- A general working knowledge of computer systems including Microsoft Windows.
- 7+ years experience managing a multi-unit retailer or equivalent industry experience, previous experience managing remote teams is preferred.
- Ability to analyze information, identify root causes and develop/implement approved solutions.
- Experience selecting, assessing, coaching and developing retail store managers.
- Proven success in the implementation of strategic plans and process improvements within a retail business.
- Demonstrate leadership in store operations, training, customer service, sales and inventory management.
- Willingness to relocate.
- Up to 80% travel.
- Must be able to regularly drive significant distances.
- Frequently required to sit, stoop, kneel, climb, push, pull, and lift repetitively.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance.
- Able to lift as much as 50 pounds.
ALCO Stores, Inc - 17 months ago