As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
4. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
5. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
6. Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
7. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
8. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
9. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
- 3+ years of VMware Administration/Engineering experience
- Experience with managing iSCSI storage in a VMware environment
- 5+ years administering Windows 2003/2008 environments
- Experience migrating VMWare systems into newer versions (4.x and 5.x)
- Experience building new VMWare environments and tuning for best performance (4.x and/or 5.x)
- Experience building and creating server and workstation images in a VMWare environment
- Experience with deploying, configuring and maintaining Nutanix hardware
- Experience with deploying and maintaining WYSE terminals
- Must have background with VMWare View 5 (Design, deploy, install and maintain) with Windows 7 images.
- Experience with vCenter Operations Manager and vCloud Director.
- Occasional weekend work will be required
- On-call support will be required
- Must be DoD 8570 compliant (IAT I)
- Must have at a minimum or be able to obtain a Secret DoD clearance before
1st day of employment
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...