Job Summary: |
This job is responsible for assisting in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care for a group of assigned patients in collaboration with other healthcare team members. Provides individual treatment, facilitates groups and assists with milieu management. Work activities are performed under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Provides care to patients under the supervision of RN.
- Facilitates/co-facilitates patient groups.
- Assists with patient/family education.
- Assists with discharge planning.
- Prepares and maintains documentation according to unit and hospital guidelines.
- Participates in continuous performance improvement.
- Adheres to unit’s Safety, Risk Management, and Standard Precautions Standards.
- Contributes to Mental Health Unit Function.
- Bachelorâs degree in a behavioral science (strongly preferred).
- One year of related work experience (strongly preferred) in the mental health field, including psychosocial assessment, application of psychiatric diagnosis, therapeutic intervention, assistance with ADLâs group facilitation and familiarity with psychiatric medications.
- Registration as a Nursing Assistant
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers CB|
- and as a Counselor with the State Board of Licensing is required. Additional Responsibilities: Demonstrates a commitment to service, hospital values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times. Adheres to and exhibits Catholic Health Initiatives core values: Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Job Mental Health (Non-Nursing)
Primary Location WA-Tacoma-St Joseph Medical Center
* Shift PRN
* Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 0
* Weekends Required Occasional
* Status PRN
St. Francis himself may have hailed from Italy, but his followers look after the health of the residents of the South Puget Sound area...