Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a Sr. IT HR Functional Analyst at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
The Senior IT HR Functional Analyst position is responsible for requirements definition, application analysis, functional design of new solutions and technical design for certain components of the new solutions. A critical component of this role is to effectively work with the Air Products business areas and Applications Solutions and Delivery teams so that new/enhanced functionality and application changes can be implemented effectively. A key responsibility of this position is to provide in-depth knowledge of one or more functional areas and have responsibility for detailed configuration, interface, report and user interface design and consulting.
This position requires in-depth knowledge of SAP Human Capital Management, Employee Self-Service (ESS), Manager Self Service (MSS) and the SAP Learning Management System (LSO). Additionally, this position also requires knowledge of and experience with Structural Security, ABAP, Workflow (across all SAP modules), Travel Management and ALE for integration of the HR instance with separate FI, CRM and SRM instances. The incumbent has responsibility for detailed configuration, report, interface and web design and consulting in each of these areas.
This position is accountable for these end results:
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Work closely with clients to understand business problem, to elicit, validate and document business requirements which ensure value-added to the client.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of SAP HR functionality to present options for solutions across a continuum of cost, risk, development and support effort with a recommendation on the optimal solution to meet business requirements
- Design detailed requirements and functional specifications for new solutions particularly related to SAP HR, Structural Security, Payroll, Time Management and Travel.
- Design detailed requirements, functional and technical specifications for SAP Workflow, ABAP code, Web Dynpro ABAP and Netweaver / Portal user interfaces
- Participate in all project stages with accountability to ensure successful completion of project deliverables
- Design, develop and manage testing strategy for new solutions
- Interface with Release Planning and Control Team and Communications/Training Teams for scope items.
- Enable landing of the new solutions with effective knowledge transfer and support model(s) to relevant team(s)
- Provide leadership and in-depth problem resolution across functions
- Manage work activity of contractors and outsourcing engagement resources.
- Support upgrades/releases for SAP and non-SAP applications including support pack applications.
Air Products (NYSE: APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70 years, the company has enabled customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable. More than 20,000 employees in over 50 countries supply innovative solutions to the energy, environment and emerging markets. These include semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, coal gasification, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. In fiscal 2011, Air Products had sales of approximately $10 billion. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
- BS or BA degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 10 + years information technology experience or comparable business experience with a focus on IT preferred
- Strong influencing, communication, change management and facilitative skills
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and coaching skills
- Strong vendor relationship and product management skills
- Ability to effectively manage applications across multiple technologies
- Project Management experience with small to medium size projects
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to work effectively across Global IT and the business functional areas
- Good understanding of overall Global IT processes and practices
- Understanding of IT Risk, Compliance and Security Policies
- Working knowledge of SAP, the organization group, and/or Air Products computing environment desired
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on the link Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #10793BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) where diversity matters.
Air Products - 23 months ago
Air Products (NYSE:APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70...