We are seeking a Maintenance Trainer for a large Fixed Route operation. The Maintenance Trainer will supervise aspects of the maintenance operation during shift to include preventative maintenance and repair of a large fleet of buses and sedans and coordinate with equipment mechanics and other maintenance staff regarding specialized training needs and work assignments. The Maintenance Trainer will be responsible for all maintenance and utility staff during their assigned shift. Successful applicant will assure that all contractual requirements are achieved and that maintenance staff are trained. Duties include supervision of the maintenance program and reports as well as tracking work orders and filling appropriately and providing training as needed.
- Must have experience with transit bus and Fixed Route transit bus maintenance.
- Must be able to properly prioritize, implement and manage projects and assignments.
- Two years of increasingly responsible journeyman, lead man, or supervisory experience in the repair and maintenance of all types of automotive and transit equipment or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of the repair, maintenance, and modifications of light gasoline and diesel powered automotive equipment.
- Able to supervise and evaluate subordinate employees and to provide for their training.
- Must be ASE certified.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff in written and oral formats.
- Must have computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and Microsoft outlook.
- Must have technical competence with light / medium duty vehicle repair and preventive maintenance.
- Must display initiative, professionalism, candor and tact at all times.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
MV Transportation, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job
Though founded back in 1975, MV remained a small, family owned company during our first 20 years of service - operating about five...