Piper Enterprise Solutions is seeking a Linux Systems Administrator for a direct-hire opportunity with a growing full-service IT provider in Morrisville, North Carolina (NC). The Linux Administrator will be responsible for the daily administration of primarily SuSE Linux Servers. Other responsibilities for the Linux Administrator include installing and configuring Linux OS on physical and virtual systems, troubleshoot issues, develop operating procedures, backup/recovery, architecture design and general system maintenance. The Linux Administrator will interact with the Infrastructure and Operations staff to optimize the environment and improve customer delivery. Each team member in this environment must participate in a 24x7 on-call schedule. Requirements and Qualifications for the Linux Administrator include the following:
Compensation: $65,000 – 85,000. Total compensation package will be determined by relevant work experience and recent salary history. This is a direct-hire opportunity, and a comprehensive benefits package will be offered to a successful candidate.
- Minimum of four (4) years of system administration experience.
- Experience with most aspects of the Unix operating system: paging/swapping, inter-process communication, devices and device driver fundamentals, file system concepts like inode and superblock.
- Experience with at least one of SuSE Linux, AIX or HP/UX.
- Understanding of SAN and NAS storage concepts.
- Familiar with fundamental networking/distributed computing environments and concepts. Can configure NFS and NIS, use nslookup or research to check information in the DNS.
- Experience with Autoyast, Kickstart, NIM or similar network installation environment.
- Ability to write detailed scripts in at least one, preferably two administrative languages, (shell scripts, Perl, Tk).
Please send ONLY qualified resumes to Matthew Knapp at email@example.com
Permanent Residence in the United States, or United States Citizenship required for this position.
Linux Administrator, Linux Administrator, SuSE Linux, AIX, HP/UX, SAN, NAS, Storage, NFS, NIS, nslookup, Autoyast, Kickastart, NIM, Shell Scripts, Perl, Tk, Linux, Systems Administrator, Raleigh, Durham, Morrisville, Cary, Apex, Chapel Hill, Research Triangle Park, RTP, NC, North Carolina.
Piper Enterprise Solutions - 13 months ago