ARMY CIVILIAN SERVICE-Challenge yourself, Be an Army Civilian, Go Army!
FORT MEADE: Our mission is to e nable critical national security missions by providing our customers and community the facilities and infrastructure they require, the quality of life they deserve, and a safe, secure environment in which to work and live.
LOCATION: Leisure Travel Office, Fort Meade, MD
WORK HOURS: Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Flexible KEY REQUIREMENTS
Direct Deposit is required
Social Security card is required
A medical examination is required after selection DUTIES:
Sells tickets for sporting and special events. Dispenses tickets to a variety of entertainment and attractions on and off the installation Provides customers with advice, assistance and detailed information concerning seating for events. Assists with special arrangements for disabled patrons.
Receives money, makes change, transacts credit and card sales as necessary. Performs administrative duties such as drafting correspondence, establishing maintaining records and completing DARs, etc.
Work experience which includes cash accountability; dealing with the general public; and performing clerical functions or related education.
One (1) year above high school level education in a related field.
Condition of employment:
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
3. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained.
4. Satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-13i to include National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. You will be required to show Social Security card upon appointment to a NAF position. HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Minimal Qualifications, Ability to Compile Information, and Oral Communication.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work. BENEFITS:
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) FLEXIBLE employees are not eligible for NAF Benefits.
Conversion of employment category (from Flex to RPT/RFT) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3. OTHER INFORMATION:
To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...