Student Program Internship - Supply Chain - Decatur, AL-1208089
Organization : Display and Graphics Business
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Alabama
Job Type: Student Programs
3M is seeking a Supply Chain Intern for the Display & Graphics Business, Film Manufacturing & Supply Chain Operations. The target start date for this position is June 2013.
An intern (typical 10-12 week, full-time schedule assignment) position is a temporary assignment with 3M's Corporate Student Programs. Corporate Student Programs is designed to provide 3M with the opportunity to identify qualified candidates for regular employment, and to provide students with the opportunity to integrate their academic knowledge with work experience. As a Student Programs participant located in Decatur, AL you will develop skills, and gain work experience in your field of study.
This position is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Location: The person hired for the position of Supply Chain Intern will be located in Decatur, AL and subsidized housing will be provided for those who qualify.
- Perform data validation and SKU cleanup in support of 3M Decatur’s SAP deployment
- Participate in Lean Manufacturing and Material Flow improvement projects
- Support the production scheduling process on one or more production lines
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in from an accredited university
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Manufacturing experience
- Supply chain and/or logistics experience
- APICS certification
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor level or higher degree program in Supply Chain or Operations Management with an accredited university, having completed at a minimum your Junior year by summer of 2013
- Previous experience as a 3M Intern or Technical Aide OR internship with a manufacturing company
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $27 billion in sales, 3M employs about 80,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visit http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/SIG=15rp5itg8/http:/cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http://www.3M.com&esheet=6627509&lan=en-US&anchor=www.3M.com&index=1&md5=d97e6d24dbc1a38178e1dde881fface6 or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
3M - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
At 3M, we pair imaginative thinking with science-based technology to create globally-renowned products. We lead scores of markets: health...