QUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:|
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field;
- 3 years teaching experience;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Excellent time management skills,
- Familiarity with Coherent Curriculum;
- Familiarity with state standardized tests for HS;
- Computer Knowledge;
- SC State Board of Education Teaching Certification;
- HS Certified; and
- Ability to develop and maintain a harmonious and productive working relationship with all levels of CCSD staff.
- Master’s Degree; and
- Some experience in an instructional support role, mentor teacher.
- Acts as a content instructional coordinator for the HSLC schools based on education, years experience, and expertise;
- Provides support, resources, and assistance with the coherent curriculum in conjunction with HSLC department chairpersons and teacher curriculum teams;;
- Offers research-based professional development and item bank resources to create and refine a variety of grade and content specific assessments;
- Assists in development or revision of HSAP and EOC resources and strategies that will result in improved student performance and achievement;
- Serves as a content liaison between C & I department, Associate Superintendent, Learning Specialist, HSLC Principals and HSLC department chairpersons;
- Compiles and analyzes school data for the purposes of continued professional development and instructional decisions in conjunction with department chairpersons;
- Participates and assists in any instructional review activities, including but not limited to classroom observations, department planning sessions, and demonstration lessons;
- Delivers informational sessions regarding county wide initiatives such as 6 + 1 Traits implementation to department chairpersons and Lead Teachers;
- Assesses effectiveness of instructional planning and assists with development of content related SMART goals in a collaborative effort with department chairpersons;
- Serves on the HSLC Leadership Team; and
- Conducts instructional walk-throughs on a regular basis, communicates instructional concerns to appropriate department chairpersons and assists department chairpersons in the design of a plan to provide feedback and assist teachers with identified concerns.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Application and Résumé/Profile must be received by 12:00 noon on for consideration. Applications received after 12:00 noon and those without verification of proper credentials will not be processed. All applicants may not be interviewed for this position.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the designated supervisor.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Charleston County School District - 2 years ago
Charleston County School District provides programs for Gifted and Talented Students to challenge them with rigorous, complex class work and...