Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Network Administrator - Creech AFB
Type of Position:
MUST HAVE A CURRENT TS/SCI LEVEL SECURITY CLEARANCE. Associates degree in a technical discipline or equivalent academic, military or technical training and 5 years of directly related experience. Completion of technical training courses and/or specialized certification programs, such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA). Possess Comp TIA Security+ Certification. Trained in information assurance to DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II, and certified to this level within 6 months of assignment to this position. The incumbent must have demonstrated skills, knowledge, and technical competence in the maintenance and management of LAN/WAN computer software and hardware and video systems. Possess thorough knowledge of network topology, communication standards, protocols, data transmission technology, and routers/switches. Demonstrated experience in multi-protocol client server environments. Must be self directed and able to establish and meet project guidelines/timelines. Communications skills capable of writing recommendations, reports, purchase justifications, memos, and miscellaneous documentation. Verbal Communication skills to allow for interacting with all unit employees. Possess a current state driver's license.
The incumbent, under minimum supervision, performs the network/system administration and help desk functions.
• Supports the design, installation, maintenance, administration, and support of internal computer systems and networks in a multi-protocol LAN/WAN environment.
• Assists with basic configuration, monitoring, maintenance and analysis of data processing equipment, databases and video systems.
• Installs and upgrades operating systems and other application software in a LAN/WAN client/server environment.
• Provides Help Desk support, including troubleshooting and problem resolution, for all LAN/WAN hardware and software.
• Maintains and manages connectivity through the use of TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NDS, NT Domain strategies and protocols.
• Maintains and manages cross platform inter-connectivity including communication protocols, directory services and log in authentication.
• Maintains and manages connectivity between multiple remote locations through the use of WAN equipment and services.
• Maintains and manages LAN/WAN security requirements through proper software/hardware tools and procedures including router and firewall management.
• Provides end-to-end support for remote users of specialized remote control computer systems.
• Provides consultation in network and computer operations, design, planning, and maintenance.
• Researches and recommends products for evaluation, testing, implementation and integration.
• Performs other associated tasks as directed.
• Regularly performs shift work (24x7x365).
With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction...