Bering Straits Orion Management (BSOM) is seeking a
Corrections Advisor IV to serve as the Contingent
Commander on smaller missions, or Deputy Contingent
Commander on large or complex missions.
This one-year assignment (with option to extend) will be
in various overseas locations (as determined by the U.S.
Government). This job WILL NOT be filled for at least
3-6 months and is contingent upon contract award.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities :
overall mission direction.
- Function at the Senior Executive level and set
Senior Host Nation Government, and international
- Liaise regularly with the United States Government,
serve in very senior specialist roles.
- On rare occasions, Level IV Corrections Officers may
- Perform other related duties as required.
corrections, probation/parole academy of at least
- Must have graduated from federal or state-certified
120 hours in length.
responsible experience in corrections, of which four
- Must have ten (10) years of progressively
(4) years experience were in senior managerial role
in a prison or correctional facility of at least 500
beds or an equivalent probation or parole program.
justice/law enforcement, a social science, business
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in criminal
or accounting or engineering or related field. An
advanced degree or law enforcement command training
may satisfy this requirement.
- Must possess excellent writing and verbal
particularly to developing countries as well as
- Must possess excellent analytical skills.
- Must be willing to travel internationally,
training sites in the US for short periods.
shifts in priorities on a day-to-day basis.
- Must be able to work in an environment with frequent
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Must be able to pass company background
test as determined by the employing agency for the
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be eligible for SECRET security clearance.
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and an agility
job category, as well as a medical and psychiatric
PCP (Phencyclidine), Opiates, Methamphetamine,
- Must pass a nine-panel drug test for THC, Cocaine,
Methadone, Amphetamine, Barbiturates, and
passport or have the ability to obtain one prior to
- Must have or be able to obtain a current U.S.
standard transmission 4x4 vehicle
- Must have or be able to obtain license to operate a
Preferred Skills :
- Experience in a multicultural environment.
- Knowledge of International Police and/or Criminal
international corrections assistance missions.
- Overseas experience in senior level positions or
languages is desirable but not required: Arabic,
- Proficiency in one or more of the following
Kurdish, Albanian, Turkish, French/Creole, Spanish,
Pashto, Farsi, Dari.
Various locations internationally. Candidate must be
able to pass a physical exam and an agility test as
determined by the employing agency for the job category.
Bering Straits Native Corporation and Subsidiaries are
Equal Opportunity Employers. Preference will be given to
BSNC Shareholders and Alaska Natives in accordance with
Title 43 US Code 162(g) and Title 42 US Code 20003-(i).
Drug free workplace.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification
Division/Department : Bering Straits Orion Management
# of Openings : 1
% of Travel Required : 40-50%
Job Code : 95
Bering Straits Native Corporation - 20 months ago