Job ID 7071
Location US-MO-Lake Ozark
FLSA Status Exempt
Minimum Education High School or Equivalent
Minimum Yrs. Experience 1
Relocation Provided ..
Travel Percentage (%) ..
More information about this job:Overview:
At Sysco we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embodies Sysco. Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
This is an outside sales position responsible for promoting the company’s products and services and for building relationships with new and existing accounts. The main focus is to help Sysco customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals established by the company.
This position often requires working non-traditional hours (evening, weekends and holidays) in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory.
- Seek and qualify prospects in accordance with Company account stratification goals.
- Research customer business needs and develop a mix of products and service to meet needs.
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers, based on business needs and goals.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses. Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Drive personal vehicle to customer accounts, conventions, company meetings, etc.
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
Lift/carry laptop and product weighing 1-40 lbs, occasionally up to 75 lbs, to and from car, warehouse, customer locations, etc.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (for example, out of stock items, special order items, low inventory, etc.).
- Participate in company functions, promotions, customer visits, and customer events. Attend and participate in general sales and district meetings.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as special order requests, customer bid files, and sales/gross profit margin data.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, maintaining sales records, processing credits and pick-up requests, preparing sales quotes and menu suggestions, and filing reports.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Assist with the training of new employees as requested.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 6 months of sales, and/or chef/restaurant management experience, and/or related (Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts) degree
- Basic pc skills and proficiency with MS Outlook
- Reside or willing to relocate to the geographical vicinity of territory
- Valid driver's license with a “clean” driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years)
- Current automobile insurance with the following limits of liability: Bodily injury - $100,000 each person and $300,000 each accident; property damage - $100,000 is required
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check)
- Must sign Sysco Protective Covenants Agreement
- Ability to read, write, speak English
- Bilingual: Spanish
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts
- 1 year of outside foodservice sales experience
- Previous Sysco experience
- Restaurant management / chef experience
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building Trust
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Sales Ability / Persuasiveness
- Managing Work
Sysco is committed to providing comprehensive retirement and benefits programs, a stock purchase plan, product purchase discounts and much more!
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Sysco Kansas is a Tobacco Free Facility!
Sysco is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
All hiring decisions will be made at the sole discretion of Sysco Kansas City.
- Apply for this job online
- Email this job to a friend
SYSCO - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
As a subsidiary of SYSCO Corporation, the largest foodservice distributor in North America, Sysco Houston distributes fresh and frozen meat,...