Security Engineer (Job Number: 320367)
SAIC has a career opportunity for a Security Engineer located in Washington DC. The selected candidate will become a full time employee of SAIC with a full benefits package.
Candidate will design, engineer, configure, test and deploy enterprise security solutions to support an International WAN environment. Additional aspects of support include engineer and support client/server security control solutions, recommend and implement enterprise information security solutions that meet requirements of the customer, ability to work on complex security project that enhance overall security of the targeted system and/or environment. In addition, candidate must have knowledge of network protocols, Microsoft technologies, other third-party security solutions and how they technically interact together to provide a comprehensive and aggressive security posture. A willingness to learn and teach new IT Security technologies is expected.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Working in close coordination with Senior Security Engineers and Project Manager to deliver a secure and functional product.
- Engineering security solutions based on project requirements or details listed in tasks.
- Coordinating and working closely with Operations to ensure completed solution is understood and functioning properly when transitioned to production.
- Providing expert technical guidance for engineering and supporting SSO, virtualization, mobile computing devices, SQL Server, PKI, USGCB, computer forensics using EnCase and HB Gary Active Defense, NAC, software deployment technologies such as BigFix Endpoint Protection, scripting and/or programming.
- Providing technical guidance for integrating security technology into various Microsoft (MS) Operating Systems (OS).
- Provide technical guidance on security configuration leveraging MS Active Directory.
- Provide technical guidance on web browser protocols by identifying security issues of various supporting components (Java, Active X, SDK, etc).
- Working with other Engineering team members and OCIO offices for strategic planning and implementing security focused solutions.
- Creating engineering documentation that includes requirements, test plan, detailed design, and as-built documents.
- Must have ability to effectively communicate with staff members of various technical levels.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems including XP/7/2003/2008 and Microsoft Active Directory
- Advanced knowledge of network level security solutions (NAC, IDS, firewalls)
- Knowledge of application level security solutions (Anti-virus, Zero-day vulnerabilities, encryption)
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies including MS Hyper-V and VMWare ESX/ESXi
Must have a DOE Q or Top Secret clearance to be considered for this position.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other technical field and 8+ years related experience.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Jan 10, 2013, 8:44:05 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 18 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...