Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Billing Specialist Team Lead
Type of Position:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or related field or combination of training, education and relevant work experience
• Minimum five years of relevant work experience
• Must have effective leadership and management skills/experience
• Must deal effectively with all aspects of deadlines and month-end closing process
• Must understand and apply company procedures and understand States, Local, and Private invoicing
• Must be willing to work in a fast paced environment and be able to pay close attention to detail
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Ability to effectively work under pressure in a multi-task environment
• Understanding of the accounting impact of work being performed
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
Do the best work of your life!
The Billing Department of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Billing Specialist Team Lead for immediate employment in the Denver Tech office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in billing, specific to Accounts Receivable. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects.
• Manage staff of billing specialists and interview potential new hires.
• Handle inquiries from internal and external clients.
Reviews contract terms and interface with project managers to expedite invoice production.
• Develop and train billing specialists.
• Review and analyze billing reports.
• Resolves questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
• Adapt procedures, processes and techniques to meet the more complex requirements of the position.
• Ensure accurate revenue recognition for the Team's projects.
• Work closely with Billing Manager, Project managers, Project Team Members and other teams from Accounting.
• Assist with any billing or collection issue resolution.
• Audit Project/Project folders to ensure projects are in compliance.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those stated above.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...