Join our team and take your career to the next level. Windstream is a communications and technology solutions provider with operations in 48 states and the District of Columbia, generating about $6 billion in annual revenues. We provide IP-based voice and data services, MPLS networking, data center and managed hosting services and communication systems to businesses and government agencies. Windstream also delivers broadband, digital phone and high-definition TV services to residential customers primarily in rural areas and we operate a local and long-haul fiber optic network spanning 100,000 route miles.
The VOIP-CPE Sr. Consultant is responsible for the product development of business VOIP, unified communications, and customer premise solutions that can be leveraged across Windstream’s SMB and enterprise clients/prospects. A specific area of focus will be the development of next generation unified communications (voice and data) offerings. Solutions will be dedicated or hosted virtual solutions, required to comply with all state and federal communications regulations.
The candidate will be responsible for the product roadmap of new product and features releases, and will be an integral part of the product release and development process. He/She will have the opportunity and support to continue to create best-of-breed unified communications and customer premise equipment offerings in the marketplace.
This position requires a unique combination of technical aptitude, teamwork, proactive nature, business acumen, and understanding of the technology sales process. Candidate will work closely with the Product Marketing, Strategic Marketing, Engineering, and Sales teams to gain extensive knowledge of our service offerings and how they relate to the customer's business and technical challenges. These skills will be required to own and create new product and features that both enable sales and demonstrates thought leadership in our market.
Additional duties will include working with operations and sales engineering to create content and tools that help structure and simplify the customer engagement process for new product deployment from discovery to implementation, such as customer assessment tools, configuration forms and pricing tools.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Responsible for new product and feature enhancements of existing product for VOIP, unified communications, and customer premise equipment solutions
- Work in close partnership with internal engineering teams and/or trusted partners to deliver world class business application services
- Develop new product launch documentation such as: product/marketing requirement documents, concept documents, business case and financial justification, and act as or work with project management to launch new product and features
- Engage and effectively work with large groups of internal teams such as Procurement, Project Management, Operations, Engineering, Product Marketing, Strategic Marketing, Finance, etc.
- Create/administer product training, assist with the creation of whitepapers, sales presentations, sales tools, competitive positioning, sales FAQs, blogs, etc.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key industry analysts and vendors. You will be expected to both serve as a subject matter expert and broker conversations with key internal experts for products and technologies within your focus areas
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 3-5 years experience in a product management or development role, or be a key contributor to product development activities at an IT infrastructure vendor, service provider, or enterprise software vendor
- Demonstrated history of creating compelling business product offerings
- Proven ability to rapidly learn new technologies. Preferably a strong understanding of the IT infrastructure and managed network services landscape, and solid technical understanding of IT infrastructure (virtualization, networking, PBX, etc.) technologies
- Ability to understand customer requirements, preferences, and buying behaviors, and use that information to develop compelling product for both technical and business decision makers
- Strong writing and graphical communication skills with ability to present complex business and technical ideas in a clear, concise fashion
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to get things done working with cross-functional internal and external resources
College degree and 8+ years professional level experience with 3-4 years supervisory experience; or 12+ years professional level related experience with 3-4 years supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related experience required.
Professional Dues Reimbursement
Career Development and Training
Paid Time Off
Medical and Dental Insurance Options
Prescription Drug Plan and Vision Coverage
Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Accounts
401(k) Plan With Employer Match
Experience the benefits of a growing company
For all that you put into your job, you deserve the best in return. From a friendly, team-based environment to progressive salaries and health plans, our benefits work hard for you. See for yourself.
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. EOE/AAP Employer.
There is no relocation package offered for this position.
We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package,
and opportunities to grow your career within an excellent working environment.
WINDSTREAM IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Windstream is not just a Fortune 500 company. We’re also the provider of choice for four out of five Fortune 500 companies for data,...