A cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications for this position is required. You can upload a cover letter when you create an applicant profile.
Core responsibilities of this position include supporting the college’s database environments, with an emphasis on the college’s ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) application, Ellucian (Datatel) Colleague. Additionally supporting other database systems such as Business Objects, ODS (Operational Data Store) and any other databases for the institution or its partners. This will include the administration, security, backup and recovery, tuning, automation, and disaster recovery planning and testing for database environments for LCCC. Other tasks may be assigned based on contemporary institutional need.
Benefits: 85% of health insurance premiums paid by the College, 21 vacation days fronted, 12 sick days, 2 personal days and 15 paid holidays annually. Typically 5-7 paid holidays from Christmas to New Year's Day. For full listing of benefits, visit http://lccc.wy.edu/about/humanresources/benefits .
Compensation: $50,000s depending on experience and education.
Closing Date: Position is open until filled.
Starting Date: As soon after hiring process as practical.
For information about Cheyenne click here .
- Act as the principle point of contact for all database administration, development, maintenance and security.
- Maintain and administer databases, including daily monitoring, troubleshooting and performance analysis.
- Collect, review and analyze system data for capacity and planning purposes and recommend the appropriate course of action.
- Participate in database design reviews; troubleshoot database defects and deploy timely fixes; maintain regular and proactive database patches, updates and performance enhancements.
- Work with users to gather information about objectives, functions of service and database features to ensure that they meet end-user needs while maintaining compliance with security, best practices, and data availability requirements; analyze requirements and provide accurate effort assessments and delivery.
- Implement plans for data security, retention, recovery, monitoring and response.
- Write and maintain comprehensive documentation, including database dependencies, database inventory, basic database troubleshooting, and daily database operations documents.
- Maintain constructive, team-oriented and customer-focused attitude at all times in all settings.
- Cross- train with colleagues on relevant services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Four years of additional professional experience (6 years total without degree) may be substituted for the education requirement.
- Two years professional experience in Database Administration, including relational database management systems such as, MySQL or Oracle and non-SQL database experience such as Unidata.
- Microsoft SQL certifications strongly preferred.
- Direct experience supporting a SQL database used for an Enterprise Resource Planning software program; such as Ellucian (Datatel) Colleague, Oracle (PeopleSoft); Ellucian Banner.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Laramie County Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, genetic information, political affiliation or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities.
Laramie County Community College - 15 months ago