Manages the strategy and planning of EmCare clinical conferences and national clinical recruitment events. Coordinates all amenities and accommodations at the event. Monitors and controls event budgets and negotiates all necessary contracts. Ensure that all clinical educational events fulfill CME requirements for attendees. Coordinate annual conference awards process including the “Commitment to Care” and the “Genesis Cup” awards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set strategy and oversee planning for Company’s Clinical Recruiting and Clinical Educational conference events.
- Accountable for the entire event life cycle from start to finish which includes the concept, invitations, marketing, promotions, accommodations and menu.
- Work closely with vendors to assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signs, and ensure appropriate décor (florals, linens, color schemes, etc.) to meet quality expectations.
- Ensure that CME credits are obtained for all Clinical Educational Conference sessions.
- Aggressively gather information on each project to achieve quality event productions.
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
- Create and revise room layouts for each event.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Serve as liaison with vendors and EmCare Marketing Department on event-related matters.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Close out all events as required.
- Prepare, implement, report and analyze results of annual client satisfaction survey.
- Prepare, implement, report and analyze results of annual physician satisfaction survey.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- CMP or CMM certification preferred.
- Successful corporate event planning manager must be able to multi-task effortlessly under tight deadlines and be flexible with his/her schedule as the work involves frequent travel, occasional weekend work and long hours. Project management skills preferred. Must have experience with budgeting, contract negotiations, vendor selection and staff supervision.
- 5- 7 years experience in event and conference planning with all aspects of survey implementation is required.
American Medical Response - 2 years ago
Because driving yourself to the emergency room isn't always the best plan, there is American Medical Response (AMR). With thousands of...