Reporting to the Clinical Practice Manager of the Section of Dermatologic Surgery with daily supervision by the Clinical Nurse Manager, provide comprehensive clinical care for the Surgical Dermatology Clinic and provide the highest level of clinical support to the physician and RN staff. |
Department URL Address:
Click here for more information
1. Obtains patient histories and medical information.
2. Assists with medical and minor surgical procedures. Assesses, reports, and records vital signs and measurements. Collects specimens.
3. Observes patients for physical or emotional changes. Reports observations.
4. Prepares examining rooms. Selects, sets up and maintains medical supplies and equipment.
5. Maintains a comfortable, orderly, safe and clean environment for patients.
6. Responds to medical emergencies. Records patient information.
7. Prepares patients for continuing care after treatment.
8. May instruct other LPNs. May serve as a source of information on nursing matters pertaining to section. May administer medications under direction and authority of professional medical staff person.
9. Schedules and coordinates patient and test appointments.
10. Performs additional functions incidental to nursing activities.
Required Education and Experience
Four years of related work experience, two of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and a high school level education; or two years of related work experience and an Associate degree; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills; ability to deal with patients, physicians and staff in a courteous manner. Professional and effective manner.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Experience in the Dermatology practice and knowledge of Surgical Dermatological procedures and ability to keep up in a fast paced procedural clinical environment.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Strong organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail. Excellent attendance record, reliability and punctuality to assure that patients' needs are met.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment. Highly motivated team player. Professional demeanor and attire.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Flexible and willing to learn new procedures and processes.
Required Licenses or Certifications
Licensure as a Practical Nurse in the State of Connecticut. Graduation from a State approved program of practical nurse education.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
What do former President George W. Bush and actress Meryl Streep have in common? They are Yalies. Yale University is one of the...