ALEX - Alternative Experts, LLC is an established 8(a) Woman-Owned professional services company which was founded in 1987 and currently headquartered in Chantilly, VA. ALEX offers a wide spectrum of technical, logistical and program management solutions to fulfill program requirements, achieve greater productivity and increase competitiveness for our Federal, State and Local government as well as our commercial clients. By successfully partnering with our clients to provide superior services, cost effective and value-added solutions with the utmost of talented individuals, we have created The ALEX Advantage!
Job Title: It Linux/Unix Systems Administrator
Location: Herndon, Va
The IT Linux/Unix System Administrator will work as part of a team responsible for operating and maintaining IT infrastructure services; including installation, configuration, testing and support of the IT infrastructure. The incumbent will also provide IT project support for multiple project and initiatives.
• Support server and networked server systems across multiple operating system platforms, multiple applications and back-end systems.
• Create system operational documentation for server systems. Reports, procedures, drawings, checklists.
• Responsible for incident and problem ticket resolution for IT infrastructure systems.
• Maintenance and operation of all data and server backup systems.
• Maintain & operate all server and application systems including; Patching/updating, backup rotation, system monitoring & alerting, architectural and operational documentation.
• Recommend, develop and document IT Processes in keeping with existing policies, as well as providing input for new policies.
• Support IT Infrastructure Team in building of infrastructure systems.
• Perform operating system and application installation, troubleshooting, analysis and resolution for infrastructure server components.
• Perform operation and maintenance of network components and cabling systems.
• Train and provide technical guidance to Junior IT Staff.
• Adhere to existing IT policy and procedures.
These essential functions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Position may be required to perform other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or other technical Field
• 4 years Linux operating system experience.
• 4 years of system backup maintenance and operation.
• 4 years in system installation for high availability IT environments, including Physical and virtual servers, network and back end data systems.
• 4 years ESX VMWare experience, including installation, configuration, upgrade and maintenance.
• 4 years of IT project support.
• 4 years in ITIL service delivery, system processes and documentation, including architectural, logical, functional drawing and creation and maintenance of SOPs (standard operating procedures).
Applicants may be subject to a background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information.
Applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to allow employee to meet the essential functions of the job, unless those accommodations cause undue hardships on the employer.
All interested candidates must apply online at www.AlexInc.com.
Woman-Owned SBA 8(a) Certified Small Business
Affirmative Action Employer
Veterans are highly encouraged to apply.