Reference Code: 1301034
Newell Rubbermaid is a global marketer of consumer and commercial products that touch the lives of people where they live, work and play. We are committed to building consumer and commercial Brands That MatterTM while leveraging the benefits of being one company: shared expertise, operating efficiencies, and a culture of innovation. Our globally recognized brands include Sharpie, Paper Mate, DYMO, EXPO, Waterman, Parker, Rolodex, IRWIN, LENOX, Rubbermaid, Graco, Calphalon, Goody and Teutonia.
The Manufacturing Supervisor provides the daily leadership and administrative support for the activities of the manufacturing and packaging departments. This position will supervise the activities of assigned personnel; directing employees with respect to safety, quality, productivity, efficiency, delivery and cost. This individual reports to the Operations Manager and works closely with Production Planning and Maintenance to manufacture product to meet customer demand.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Supervise 20-40 production employees in the manufacture of turned metal tools.
· Promotes safety by adhering to policies, proactively addressing potential issues, and maintaining a clean and organized shop floor.
· Promotes positive employee relations by communicating in a professional manner.
· Direct work flow, expedite materials and manage production resources.
· Order materials and tooling as required.
· Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating performance and disciplining production employees.
· Ensures that standard work is followed, schedules are met, and output meets quality standards.
· Strives to increase the efficiency and productivity of production employees.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both in oral and written form, among different levels of the organization and have the ability to communicate with employees who use English as a second language.
- Must be a team player and be committed to company goals, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Outlook.
- Must be detail oriented, a self-starter and have the ability to follow initiatives through to resolution.
- Well organized with a demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety requirements a plus.
- SAP experience preferred.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to stand and/or walk for much of a 12 hour shift.
· Supervisors are regularly exposed to heavy machinery, noise and cutting fluids.
· Occasional lifting of up to 50 pound may be necessary.
· Must be able to climb a ladder or stairs, kneel and/or crawl occasionally.
· Supervisors are required to use a computer throughout the day.
Newell Rubbermaid and its business units are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Newell Rubbermaid - 17 months ago
Newell Rubbermaid Inc., is a global marketer of consumer and commercial products with 2013 sales of $5.7 billion and a strong portfolio of...