We are currently looking for a LPN Respite Workers.
Our Respite Program provides specialized child care to parents of children with special needs to help give caregivers a break from the everyday stress of caring for their childs needs. Respite visits are conducted in the clients homes throughout Broward County as well as at our Respite Centers in Dania Beach and Pompano Beach.
As a Respite LPN Worker you will provide children with medical assessments and prescribed medical treatments with quality care in the absence of their parent(s)/guardian(s).
Job duties include but are not limited to:
Client diagnoses may include but are not limited to: autism, speech or developmental delays, cerebral palsy, intellectual disability.
- Maintain clean and safe environment for children at all times.
- Provided medical assessment and medical treatments to children as prescribed.
- Actively engage with clients on goals and development and assist with daily living skills and behavioral interventions as needed.
- Organize and participate in recreational activities, such as games.
- Read to children, and teach them simple painting, drawing, handicrafts, and songs.
- Observe and monitor children's play activities.
- Care for childrens basic needs, such as bathing and feeding.
- Keep records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered.
- Assist in preparing food for children and serve meals and refreshments to children and regulate rest periods.
Most respite requests are weekday afternoons/evenings and throughout the weekend as well as down days from school, however requests for other shifts and overnights do occur.
Shifts are flexible and are offered based on workers availability, location, and experience.
Florida LPN License
1 -2 years Pediatric experience
Ventilator experience prefered
Valid Florida Driver's License
HIV Course, CPR, First Aid
Strong desire to work non-profit
Strong desire to work with medically fragile children and/or Special Needs Children
Passion to be in a direct care position and care for children
To Apply email your resume to BCCHR@bcckids.org or apply online at http://bcckids.org/careers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Broward Children's Center - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard