This customer service position is located in our Guaynabo, Puerto Rico call center. This position holds accountability for providing concierge customer service, called “Golden Touch”, to low-income Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in an Altegra Health contracted health plan. The Community Program Specialist makes outbound telephone calls and handles inbound telephone calls to assist health plan members to complete applications for special programs that will reduce their expenses for utilities and improve their quality of life.
- Meet production/departmental goals by conducting telephonic outreach activities to review and assess plan member’s eligibility for assistance with Golden Touch programs.
- Complete applications for the member’s signature for variety of Golden Touch programs.
- Meet quality standards by ensuring proper phone etiquette and adherence to scripts, have accurate and descriptive MMS documentation and proper disposition of documents.
- For programs that do not require an application, they complete a three-way call with the member and provider to insure the member receives the Golden Touch program they are eligible for.
- Conduct follow-up activities that complete the program enrollment process.
- Maintain current knowledge of specific Golden Touch program requirements and all aspects of Altegra’s Outreach Operations.
- Abide by HIPAA/PHI/PII guidelines.
- Participate as required in staff and operational development programs.
- Demonstrate behaviors, actions, and attitude that reflect company vision, mission and value principles.
- Perform duties as assigned or required to meet program expectations. Ability to carry out reasonable delegated requests.
Altegra Health is committed to building a highly diverse, best-in-class workforce at all levels of the organization. We strive to attract and retain exceptional individuals regardless of their sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or other characteristic unrelated to the skills and abilities required for job performance.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be fully English and Spanish bilingual
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated customer service experience, preferably in a call center environment
- Strong computer knowledge with data entry and/or various applications experience.
- Excellent oral communication skills; ability to communicate with elderly individuals and state governmental personnel. Bilingual Spanish skills preferred
- Ability to analyze and interpret governmental program criteria; ability to interact and decipher information via telephonic or electronic inquires.
Altegra Health - 20 months ago
Altegra Health has developed CARES in response to our MA plan customers with Managed Medicaid plans asking Altegra Health to extend our...