You've established a high level of technical acumen through first hand practical experience in the GC lab. Here's where you take it further. Join a dynamic market-leading group based in Wilmington, DE, involved in GC product definition, application and strategic marketing.
You'll interact with a team of Product Managers, Design Engineers and top Scientists engaged in defining and applying cutting-edge technologies, workflows and human interfaces in gas chromatography. Your technical expertise in GC, and experience in its use across a broad range of applications, will be critical to help define user requirements and market scope. You will test prototypes in-house and within the user community, demonstrate proof of performance through application, and provide critical feedback to the design and development efforts. You will be a key player in growing Agilent’s product, technology and market leadership in GC.
In your role you will:
To succeed you will:
- Establish yourself as an internal domain expert, understanding customers’ needs, as well as Agilent’s and our competitor’s ability to fill them. You will support our Product Managers as a technical expert by evaluating competitive products and technologies to feed new product development efforts, and to help guide effective competitive commercialization initiatives.
- Develop performance proof statements and applications to support commercialization plans. Work with external groups to coordinate joint collaborations. Coordinate applications work done by yourself, internal application groups, Agilent Application Engineers and external partners to optimize application development.
- Contribute user requirements for selected technology development efforts. Evaluate technology alternatives for the product portfolio in the context of practical application, assuring a fit for application and an improvement in customer experience.
- Promote Agilent’s technology leadership within the marketplace; establish yourself as a recognized external domain expert. Contribute to technical conferences, customer seminars, workshops and webinars as needed to support marketing initiatives. Publish articles and application notes to demonstrate applicability and differentiation of Agilent products and technologies. Participate in industry organizations such as ASTM.
- Work well in a team environment, working towards the common goal to assure mutual success of your coworkers
- Work both in and out of the lab, being comfortable not only with individual technical contribution but also with participation in strategic business decision making and strategy development.
- Be able to manage conflicting demands and rapid change dictated by the dynamic market served.
- Be proactive and willing to take on responsibility. Take reasonable risks to achieve uncommon results.
Educated to at least university degree level (PhD desirable) in Chemistry or a related science, you are now eager to put your 5-10 years of practical GC experience to work designing future tools of the trade. Here's where your GC technical knowledge and user experience will really make an impact. You must have first-hand experience in the GC laboratory in one, or preferably more application areas or industries. A keen business sense is critical and lab supervision or experience in business management is a definite plus. Previous experience developing or commercializing GC products considered a real advantage.
Agilent is a leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets. The company provides laboratories worldwide with...