Provides 24x7 support and management of incidents throughout incident lifecycle within a production environment. Ensures service level agreements are met in support of clients' and company's mission-critical business requirements. Works across a wide array of product lines and engages various levels of management on a day to day basis. Is familiar with the ITIL framework, as the Incident Management process is a key input into both the established Change and Problem processes. Develop, co-ordinate and promote incident management activities across the entire enterprise and take responsibility for the effective functioning of the Incident Management processes across all support areas.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages computing environment to protect production systems critical to business success
- Acts as focal point for incident review and escalation if necessary
- Supports a computer operations environment that meets all service level agreements (e.g., 24x7 availability, response time parameters, etc.) and availability targets
- Engagement following onset of a production incident
- Provides immediate tactical response and coordination minimizing duration of service interruptions
- Responsible for daily operations of IT and business processing functions
- Manages and directs technical and functional specialists and computer operations staff in the restoration of service during an incident
- Partners with IT management to establish strategies and priorities for overall IT operations understanding current and future business demands
- Acts as liaison between inter or intra-datacenter teams for high severity incidents
- Assists in managing and developing tactical plans for Operations
- Provides work assignments for team members
- In conjunction with the problem management function, identifies and implements cost-saving and continuous improvement initiatives within the information processing area
- Develops and maintains departmental standards and procedures
- Consults with other teams on proper integration and correlation of the incident management process and their respective areas
- Maintains awareness of emerging technologies, trends and best practices in computing hardware, software and operational processes
- Provides regular incident bulletins to teams concerning open or ongoing incidents
- Ensures effective and rapid response to major incidents
- Reviews and recommends, as appropriate, changes to support processes to ensure continuous improvement of the incident management process
- Facilitates daily, weekly and monthly tactical meetings as well as creates incident reports as determined by the business
- Works with external clients and other internal teams on an as needed basis
- Other related duties are assigned as needed
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience as required for the specific job level with a minimum of three years related experience in production support, quality assurance, or incident management
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Entry professional role. Basic skills with some level of proficiency. Works under very close supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment while learning. Able to lead or manage minor / small incidents from start to finish. Capable of capturing and authoring internal communication with supervision. May assist peers on non-complex projects in order to learn through experience. Typically requires minimal industry experience (or education).
- Considerable knowledge of incident management principles, procedures and techniques
- Considerable knowledge of standards and best practices relevant to the information technology industry (e.g. ITIL,)
- Strong knowledge of issue resolution and escalation practices
- Knowledge of FIS products and services
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure
- Ability to apply analysis and creative thinking when solving problems and conflict
- Ability to provide acute attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels within the organization
- Decision making ability within specified parameters
- Independent and collaborative decision making
- Skilled at identifying and implementing process improvements
- Ability to effectively establish and maintain relationships across the organization
- Strong capabilities in public speaking.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Solid business acumen and an awareness of business implications of decisions
- Demonstrated skill in timely, proactive, responsive follow-through on deliverables.
- Ability to organize tasks and priorities effectively and under minimal supervision
- Proven ability to function in an environment that requires flexibility, good judgment and sound decision-making often based on limited information and/or under extreme conditions
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Technical Customer Service
FIS Global - 15 months ago
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in...