Provides theft and fraud controls for select stores within a geographic market. The In-Store AP Investigator's primary responsibility is the detection, apprehension and successful prosecution of shoplifters. Store assignments will vary week to week dependent upon theft and fraud trends.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Observation and detection towards apprehension of external theft through the use of CCTV, Exception reports and observation. Following procedures for the reporting of all apprehensions.
- Preparing the appropriate paperwork for successful prosecution and representing the company in court. Including protection evidentiary chain of custody
- Complete weekly reports and distribute them to their RAPM. Reports to include activity summaries / follow-up and detail of any issues found within the store / action plans established to address on-going issues. Reporting and follow-up on CCTV equipment, EAS activity, and safety related issues.
- Report all liability incidents
- Assist in training new In-Store AP Investigators
- Assist in new team member orientations
- Assist in CCTV installations and video review
- Assist upon request with detecting internal theft and fraud
- Coordinate scheduling with business needs
- Perform internal audits and make recommendations
- Assignments directed by RAPM, RAPI or Director of Asset Protection
- Maintain AP equipment in good condition
- Communicate all procedural violations to Store management and RAPM
- Minimum of 1 year previous experience in a similar role
- Depending upon State requirements - Guard/Security certification.
- Ability to communicate with other team members, management and guests both verbally and in written format.
- Basic English language writing skills for completion of report writing, e-mail and daily communications.
- Basic knowledge of CCTV.
- Basic computer knowledge Microsoft Word, excel & powerpoint.
Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated shopping...