Sprouts Farmers Market helping America eat healthier live longer and spend less.
The Payroll Supervisor will manage the payroll process for all hourly and salaried employees. Payroll Supervisor will ensure that each payroll is done on time and is accurate. This position will work with other internal Sprouts' departments to maintain payroll compliance with applicable laws and regulations. This position will investigate and resolve all discrepancies in reported time worked, pay rates, responding to notices from tax authorities, ensure all garnishments are processed correctly and on time. Essential Job Functions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Responsible for supervising and developing the payroll staff.
- Responsible for making sure that all employees' time is accurately captured and reported into Sprouts' time management system (Kronos) and sent to our 3rd Party Vendor for final processing and check issuance.
- Review and monitor each payroll to ensure accuracy and integrity.
- This position will also help process payroll.
- Ensure all wage/hour laws are followed and are properly reflected in Kronos.
- Works closes with the IT Department and outside vendors to enhance payroll applications and improve internal controls.
- Develops and implements standardized processes, forms and procedures for payroll and records management functions, establishes and communicates payroll calendar to all locations.
- Develops and implements payroll and records training for all key store personnel.
- Maintains a payroll department that will be able to pass an external audit and ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Report new hires to each state within mandated timeframes.
Please refer to the Job Description for the qualifications.
- BA or BS degree in business, finance, accounting or related field.
- Five years of payroll management experience processing payroll for a multi-state company for a minimum of 1000 employees.
- Experience using Kronos or similar time management application.
- Experience using ADP or other 3rd party check processing vendor
- Maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of record management best practices
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential
- Strong orientation to detail and analytical skills
- Solid problem solving skills and decisiveness.
- Proven leadership ability to build, motivate and maintain staff
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Organization and planning skills
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Software including Outlook, Word, and Excel
At Sprouts, we believe healthy living is a journey and every meal is a choice. We love to inspire, educate and empower every person to eat...