Posting Job Title: Associate Engineer, SIT
Requisition #: 145217BR
Posting Location: Broomfield, CO, US
Area of Interest: Information Technology Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks an Associate System Integration and Test Engineer for our System Integration and Test Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
The System Integration and Test engineer will have a variety of responsibilities related to all products developed by the Converged Technology Group. The responsibilities include executing test plans, analysis of test plans for potential automation, and system integration and validation. Testing will be performed on back end infrastructure systems including Linux applications and Oracle RAC, web interfaces, and client set top boxes.
1. Execute manual and automated test suites against services and products developed to ensure that they meet the highest quality standards and are stable for future planned deployments to subscribers.
2. Provide succinct and accurate documentation of issues.
3. Work jointly with multiple teams to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve issues on a variety of platforms.
4. Other tasks and duties as assigned, relating to system integration and testing of new services and products.
- Knowledge and experience in Unix/Linux is a must.
- Experience with test plan creation and execution is a must.
- Experience with defect tracking systems such as Jira
- Training, education, or experience in a technology field through college, technical school or military.
- Ability to understand complex ideas and systems and use logic to determine how systems work.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills are a must
- Excellent organizational skills is a must
- Extended and flexible work schedule is rare, but a requirement of the job.
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle and SQL is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience testing web applications including REST and SOAP interfaces is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with dynamic languages (Ruby, Groovy) and frameworks (Rails, Grails) is a plus
- Knowledge and experience using scripting languages like perl, python, and unix shell scripts is a plus.
- Experience using and understanding Digital Video Recordings, Electronic Program Guides, OnDemand, etc is a plus.
- Knowledge of basic cable system infrastructure architecture is a plus
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college, technical school, or military; or three months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
No Supervisory responsibilities with this position.
Travel Requirements :
Time Warner Cable offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a pension plan. Qualified candidates should apply online at www.timewarnercable.com.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00332 - Broomfield Airport
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...