Technology / Information Technology;
Disney Technology Solutions & Services (DTSS) is responsible for technology strategy and management, central engineering, architecture, IT and technical operations for The Walt Disney Company including virtual worlds, flagship Web sites Disney.com, Disney Family.com, ABC.com and ESPN.com. DTSS provides services in both platform engineering and web operations. Platform engineering includes Content Management Systems, UGC Enforcement Platform, E-commerce, Video Distribution Technology, Registration, Advertising Systems and Data Warehouse & Reporting. The DTSS web operations teams focus on Servers & Hosting and Network Connectivity. DTSS teams are located in Seattle, Bristol, N. Hollywood, Glendale, New York, Burbank, and Orlando.
This position will be responsible for establishing, maintaining, and continuously improving the data model for the Configuration Management program. Primary responsibilities include managing interfaces to data feed tools, coordinating the establishment of configuration item (CI) relationships, monitoring data integrity, ensuring alignment with downstream processes like Change, Incident, Problem, Request. This role will partner with Disney tower leads to determine new sources of information to incorporate into the system and work with existing partners and outsourced suppliers to ensure data flow schedules and data integrity are maintained.
Drive the development and maintenance of the Universal Configuration Management Database (uCMDB) including ensuring data integrity and seeking to expand the sources of information to continue to improve the quality of data available.
- Supervise/Manage the Configuration Management (CM) team and direct a matrix team of Business Segment and Supplier resources in the establishment of, and adherence to configuration management best practices.
- Direct and prioritize work of the Configuration Management team and associated teams, meet regularly with the team and Stakeholders, bring best practice configuration management to fruition, resolve conflicts between parties
- Partner with Tower Leads and Suppliers to determine sources of data to be used within the uCMDB. Ensure adherence to the configuration management data model. Provide for CI relationship reporting through use of the data feeds and understanding of the Information Systems environment. Monitor the data integrity by communicating requirements to the teams and creating self audit plans.
- Partner with Process Owners, Tower Leads, Business Segment contacts, and Suppliers to drive system continuous improvements.
- Establish good working relationships with each of these groups and other stakeholders. Host regular meetings to discuss system successes and possible opportunities. Set improvement goals and drive to completion.
- Develop and maintain a communication and training plan to ensure stakeholders are aware of system requirements including key attributes necessary for reporting and overall system health.
- Partner with Process Owners, Tower Leads, Business Segment contacts, and Suppliers to outline system requirements and data sources. Develop documentation to share with stakeholders and the IT population at large. Provide regular feedback on data population and content and ensure an avenue for remediation is clearly communicated.
- Providing good quality information to downstream processes is critical to this role. Maintenance of the system will be realized only when requirements and existing information is clearly and routinely communicated. Ensuring stakeholders understand their role and providing an avenue for updates is essential to the overall systems health.
- 5 years IT experience in a Global company.
- 2 years System Monitoring / Management experience
- ITIL v3 Expert
- 3-5 years people management experience
- Experienced in a multi-vendor Outsourcing environment
- Service Management experience preferred
- Knowledge of HP Service Manager and uCMDB or like tools.
- Leadership experienced working in a matrix organization strongly preferred
4-year degree or equivalent experience
Job Posting Industries
This position is with the legal entity Disney Worldwide Services.
iCIMS Social Distribution - 23 months ago