We hire those who display our values, have deep expertise in serving clients and are passionate about advances in the IT space. We look for self-motivated professionals who have a commitment to excellence, offer a personal approach to service, enjoy a challenge and are dedicated to pursuing growth and learning.
Purpose of Position:
The Strategic Account Manager is responsible for uncovering opportunities to penetrate net new accounts within an assigned territory or vertical. The primary focus of the Strategic Account Manager is to develop a strong presence in a competitive landscape (i.e.: Cloud, Private WAN (MPLS), Co-location) while achieving profitability and performance standards. The Strategic Account Manager will market the full suite of services under the CenturyLink and Savvis portfolio ranging from Cloud & Managed Hosting services to MPLS, SIP & Networking hardware.
• Prospects on a continual basis to identify, qualify, and close high quality net new business.
• Achieve or exceed monthly revenue targets.
• Ensure and maintain minimum funnel goals are met or exceeded.
• Strategically leads internal resources to develop and execute successful pursuit plan.
• Lead all prospecting and sales-related activities within an assigned territory of prospective Enterprise accounts to grow net new revenue and new bookings
• Utilize professional networks, relationships within customers, and other industry forums to create new opportunities/prospects
• Build insightful and influential champions and coaches within accounts to help identify and qualify opportunities in complex environments
• Effectively qualify opportunities to ensure greatest return on time and resource investment across territory
• Use an effective consultative approach to create highly differentiated solutions that establish Centurylink as a strategic business partner
• Effectively leads and leverages internal resources at multiple levels within Centurylink and the customer to build the best solution for customer
• Fully understand the customer’s decision process and create a formal trial closing process to ensure deal closure in a complex environment
Minimum of 5 years of outside Business to Business technology sales experience in ‘named’ accounts.
• Minimum of 3 years in Hosting, Cloud, and/or IP network transport sales or related high tech industry.
• Proficiency with the MS Applications Suite of products; Excel and PowerPoint.
• Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record.
• 8 years of outside Business to Business technology sales experience in ‘named’ accounts.
• Bachelors degree
• Familiar with local marketplace, companies and community in geography stated above.
• Demonstrated stable track record in Sales with 3-5 years consecutive & successful sales experience within one company in the last 7 years.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
- 3 years ago - save job