Implement and test features using Java 6 and technologies including but not limited to Spring 3.x, JMS, AOP, JPA, Junit 4, and EasyMock. Work closely with customers and key system stakeholders to understand system requirements and system features. Participate and lead software design sessions with team members. Facilitate reviews with key organization stakeholders to refine the system design as required. Assist in providing technical leadership to a team charged with system implementation. Implement and test features in Java 6, utilizing unit testing and agile development practices. Work will be performed in an agile development environment with 90 day spin cycles and 2 week iterations. The team will be highly collaborative.
Specific duties include:
Required Skills & Experience:
- Work with stakeholders to understand system requirements and key system features, and facilitate system integration.
- Implement features in Java 6, utilizing Spring 3.x, and Java interfaces.
- Assist with and provide leadership for ongoing architectural software design sessions.
- Provide ongoing technical leadership with system implementation.
- Facilitate software process improvement for the team.
- Provide support to production usage of the system under development.
- Minimum ten years in a technical role, designing and developing software systems for Government or Industry customers.
- Minimum five years of JAVA design and development experience.
- Minimum of five years of SIGINT systems experience.
- Minimum of two years of agile software development experience.
- Must demonstrate experience and/or knowledge in a broad range of JAVA technologies.
- Experience in implementing systems providing knowledge/information sharing capabilities including the following disciplines/technologies:
- Spring 2.x or 3.x (dependency injection/inversion of control, JMS, Transactions)
- Declarative transaction management (Spring or otherwise)
- JEE (2.x and/or 3.x)
- JPA and/or Hibernate
- Unit testing
- Application of software design patterns and enterprise integration patterns.
- Experience with transactional system and distributed transactions.
Prosync Technology Group - 15 months ago