The Arbour Hospital in Jamaica
Plain, MA is seeking a full-time, Chef
Manager , in a healthcare setting. Prospective
candidates must have a strong culinary back ground, be Servsafe, and
Allergen Awareness certified.
- Train and manage kitchen personnel,
supervise and coordinate all related culinary activities.
- Assist in the day to day supervision
and training of all kitchen personnel with responsibility for hiring,
discipline and performance reviews.
- Take lead in the preparation and
direction of cooking staff as it pertains to the daily menu
- Maintain accurate inventory
- Maintain the food production system,
including forecasting, and post production documentation.
- Exercise sound judgment and planning
when ordering daily supplies.
- Ensure that all requirements for
appropriate sanitation and safety levels in respective areas are
- Manage with integrity and honesty
based on a familiarity of the hospitals values and
- Plan, identify, communicate and
delegate appropriate responsibilities and duties to the
- Provide coaching and direction to the
employees to achieve operational goals.
- Consistently review kitchen environment and customer feedback
to identify problems, concerns and opportunities for
For more information, please contact Doug Watson,
Director of Dietary Services at 781-858-5019.
Hospital is a 118-bed;
private psychiatric facility located in Boston’s Jamaica Plain
neighborhood and has recently opened an 18-bed, Adult Inpatient
Psychiatric Unit in Quincy, MA . The hospital
specializes in adult mental health treatment, adolescent and dual
diagnosis services. Other services include Latino, partial
hospitalization programs (PHP) and outpatient
UHS is not accepting unsolicited
assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please,
no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to
any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form
and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for
this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be
paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of
the referral or through other means.
- Must have 5 -10 years as a Chef
manager in a health care environment
- The ability to manage effectively in a
diverse environment with a focus on client satisfaction
- Requires previous experience with
controlling food, supplies, labor costs, demonstration cooking, along
with strong leadership, and culinary team development
- Strong organizational, time management
and multiple tasking skills
- Ability to interface with all levels
of the organization while providing a high level of customer
- Computer literate and proficient in MS
Universal Health Services - 12 months ago