This position has responsibility for the effective day-to-day operation of our Accounts Receivable Department by managing and collecting all tuition accounts.
Position Summary Information
Dean College invites applications for an Accounts Receivable Counselor. Reporting to the Manager of Accounting Operations, this position has responsibility for the effective day-to-day operation of our Accounts Receivable Department by managing and collecting all tuition accounts.
1. Set-up, monitor and update outside payment plans. Post related payments and follow up on delinquent accounts. Reconcile to College’s information system.
2. Monitor current full-time accounts to ensure all account balances are being cleared in a timely fashion and according to documented dates.
3. Coordinate bill production, including international agencies.
4. Post payments and loan rosters. Process bi-weekly electronic loan notification.
5. Monitor credit balance and process timely refunds.
6. Serve as front-desk person to answer/process all incoming questions regarding billing, financial aid, part-time registration, and transcript information.
7. Back-up for daily deposit and reconciliation reports.
8. Back up to Operations Manager and assist with other projects, as deemed necessary.
This position plays a key role in the Center for Student Administrative Services which addresses a wide range of student needs and services. The counselor needs to be able to make quick and responsible decisions to satisfy our students/families and other departments, while maintaining the integrity and policies of the college.
An Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred, or the equivalent work experience. Experience in higher education and familiarity with Datatel would be a plus. The individual must possess basic accounting knowledge, strong computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word. They must also have excellent verbal and written communication skills, outstanding customer service skills, and strong organizational skills. This position requires the ability to work in a fast paced, multi-task, team oriented environment.
Unique Physical Demands
Management and Supervisory Responsibilities
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit your cover letter, resume and contact information of three references.
Dean College - 2 years ago