Provides support for team and provider(s) during facility encounters. Manages patient traffic flow. Performs follow-up care per provider instructions and in accordance with scope of practice. Assists with patient education. Documents clinical information into the medical record.
This position requires travel.
- Prepares patient for exams by reviewing history, collecting current information and appropriate vital signs, documenting in the medical record according to guidelines (e.g., hearing, vision, blood pressure)
- Provides intervention ordered by practitioner (e.g., medication, dressings, specimen collections, irrigations, suture removals, and IVs) and documents patient response
- Prepares room and equipment for procedures and assist physician as needed
- Initiates interventions and health education according to prevention guidelines
- Assist with monitoring and management of patient and physician electronic messages as delegated by the RN and within scope of practice
- Educates patient and provides preparation materials for diagnostic studies according to guidelines
- Schedules appointments for patients with lab, radiology, consultants and follow-up appointments as ordered by practitioner
- Effectively provides prevention, early intervention and ongoing health education for panel, patient and family
- Resolves patient concerns promptly
- Participates in process of interviewing, selection, orientation and training of new team members
- Participates emergency care as necessary and as directed by physician and registered nurse.
- Maintains department Quality Improvement standards
- High School diploma or GED
- Current Georgia LPN License
- American Heart Association BLS certification
- Complete a Customer Service Assessment
- Health care experience
- Customer service aptitude demonstrated through Customer Service Assessment
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...