Title UNIX Systems Administrator Job # 14259BR Job Function Information Technology City Norfolk State Virginia Country United States FT/PT Full Time Qty 1 Job Description At ARINC, it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose ARINC as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join ARINC and help shape our future while creating yours.
ARINC Engineering Services in Norfolk, VA is seeking a Unix Systems Administrator to support our Defense Systems Engineering division.
Tactical Switching (TSw) has been implemented to support the Network Centric transformation and enterprise operations and management vision for the Naval shore tactical inter-communication and networking systems supporting the Fleet. The operation of multiple legacy shore tactical communications systems at various Navy shore sites must be transformed to meet the Net Centric vision, while sustaining current operations.
The UNIX Administrator will provide on-site/remote systems support to RNOSC EAST and RNOSC WEST via prototype and operational test beds/labs located at St. Julien's Creek Annex; synchronization of remote enclaves will be as directed by the government customer. Qualifications Required Experience:
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including U.S. Citizenship, for access to classified information
- Candidates must possess a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in UNIX administration.
- Experience with and ability to configure and deploy Solaris and Linux based complex solutions (includes patching UNIX/LINUX servers across the board).
- Proficient in shell scripting and ability to troubleshoot scripts in various shells.
- Proficiency with SUSE Linux.
- Familiarity with Sun/Oracle equipment.
- Experience administering Brocade fabric.
- Experience in Sun Java Enterprise Directory Server (LDAP directory service) installation, configuration, and administration.
- Experience with running thin-client multi-level solutions on Trusted Solaris.
- Application support for NCDOC list server for dispersion of advisories and other time sensitive subscription based messages.
- Ability to track and resolve all AIS Trouble Tickets.
- Ability to interact with users to identify and resolve user requirements.
- Experience with application support for various systems tools and utilities.
- Experience with configuration support, maintenance and operation of data backups using products such as Symantec Netbackup.
Typically requires a Bachelors Degree in a technical area or equivalent years of experience. Amount of Travel Required for Position 0%-25%
ARINC - 21 months ago