Clearance: TS with ability to get TS/SCI
With a wide range of knowledge, including high end Linux skills, maintains data files and control procedures for a complex system of networked computers or for a single group of microcomputers linked to a host workstation and high performance computing cluster (HPCC) environments. Experience integrating custom applications into a development and/or production environment. Responsible for system security and data integrity. Assigns passwords and monitors use of resources and responds to management requests for information.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establishes and maintains user accounts, assigns file permissions and establishes password and account policies; installs, upgrades, configures, tests, maintains and supports operating system software in a production/development environment.
- Responsible for providing support, maintenance, security and planning for Red Hat (RHEL) Linux & Suse Linux Enterprise Server (SLES)
- Plan and implement firmware, software and O/S upgrades
- Research, evaluate, and implement new technologies
- Work with all IT managers to develop technology roadmaps showing how to move from current condition to future vision (VMware, Veritas Clustering Service, etc.)
- Continuously analyze overall system performance and design improvements
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Reviews performance logs and monitors system performance.
- Provide support to IT systems including: day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client problems.
- Provide second level problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
- Troubleshoots and resolves system hardware, software and communications problems; creates shell programs and utility scripts; performs configurations and adjustments to enhance database file capacity; performs automated and manual backup and restore processes.
- Installs, configures and tests software packages.
- Provides user support and may conduct user software and hardware training to formulate technology solutions and ensure the effective safeguarding and sharing of enterprise data.
- Evaluates requests for hardware and software; researches and recommends solutions to technology needs, compatible with the client's technology architecture and infrastructure and resource constraints.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Creates, changes, and deletes user accounts per request.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced systems administrators.
- Experience with the following: VMware, Nagios, Centrify, SQL, Oracle, McAfee
Cherokee Information Services, Inc. - 17 months ago