This position has the responsibility of reporting to the Facility Manager at the West Enfield and Jonesboro Biomass facilities. As the Facility Safety Coordinator (FSC), the person will be responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance, developing, implementing, and maintaining safety systems, programs and training at both the West Enfield and Jonesboro Facilities.
The duties of the Safety Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
• Facilitate Monthly safety meetings
• Facilitate monthly training
• Liaison to safety committee meeting
• Track Weekly tailgates and tailboards
• Perform accident investigations
• Perform safety audits
• Police and enforce, coach and correct safety policies with Plant personnel, contractors, and any person on site.
• New hire training
• Maintain facility safety records
• Develop Safety procedures
• Attend and participate in morning planning meeting
• Champion pursuit of OSHA VPP
• Communicated effectively with regional RSA and VP of Safety
The position requires a background in a safety related activities and a minimum of 5 years of experience in an industrial setting, preferably in the power/waste related fields. Some experience in leading work groups with experience in group presentations is a plus. The candidate must possess strong written and oral communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work creatively within the regulatory framework and within various groups such as operations and maintenance. The candidate must have experience with maintenance practices in a power plant environment. The person must be proficient in CMMS, Word, Excel and PowerPoint software. Must be comfortable with writing reports, developing and performing training, and organizing data and files.
This job will require travel between the West Enfield and Jonesboro facilities, and to other plants and to other Covanta sites to support facility outages and assist with Safety Snapshots. The job may on occasion require weekend and night shift work to support safety initiatives and safety coverage during shutdowns. The person will have good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Covanta (pronounced Coh-van-tuh) is a world leader in sustainable waste management and renewable energy. Covanta's 45 Energy-from-Waste...