Cert Pharmacy Tech-CHA - Onslow Oncology
- This position has access to and knowledge of extremely sensitive, private and confidential materials. Ability to maintain the highest standard is required with zero tolerance.
All the primary duties within this document will be performed according to established policies, procedures and guidelines within the department and the Medical Center.
This position is in Jacksonville, NC . Employee works under the supervision of the pharmacist. As directed, provides assistance to pharmacists by prefilling medications and products, preparing and delivering these products, and maintaining adequate inventory of stock and supplies. Employee must be proficient at accessing and viewing pharmacy electronic information systems and pharmacy automated systems.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. Assists in medication preparation by selecting, counting, compounding, packaging and labeling per established departmental guidelines.
2. Prioritizes and manages telephone calls in the pharmacy. Assists customers at the pharmacy window for ASAP/STAT needs.
3. Delivers the unit dose cars, TPN’s, and IV admixtures in a timely manner.
4. Processes patient charges and credits.
5. Maintains appropriate levels of stock and supplies in dispensing area, and places them on order when they are below adequate stock levels to meet departmental needs. This includes prepackaging or assembly of all types of medications for future dispensing.
6. Works primarily in the in-patient counter area and unit does cart fill area.
7. Demonstrates proficiency at accessing and viewing pertinent screens in pharmacy electronic systems and pharmacy-automated systems.
8. Performs intra-departmental unit inspections monthly (assigned areas) and removes all expired medications.
9. Works in multiple areas of the pharmacy, as directed, to maintains competency and broaden skills for all areas of the job scope.
10. Stocks, charges, and replaces emergency crash carts and emergency drug boxes.
11. Delivers pharmacy back-up crash cart during a Code Blue. Retrieves crash cart following the Code Blue.
12. Performs other pharmacy-related duties as assigned.
13. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
1. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Completion of a Pharmacy Technology program preferred.
2. Licensure/Certifications: Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy upon acceptance of position.
3. Experience: Experience is preferred, but not required.
New Hanover Regional Medical Center - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard